NOTICE: This course is for staff members of the Irvine Ranch Outdoor Education Center and the OCBSA by invitation only.
CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers Course
(Course SKU# AP-HSSPRO801-BL)
for THE IRVINE RANCH OUTDOOR EDUCATION CENTER
Friday, October 15, 2021
The purpose of the American Red Cross CPR/AED for Professional Rescuers course is to train professional-level rescuers to respond to breathing and cardiac emergencies in adults, children and infants until more advanced medical personnel take over. This program is offered in both traditional instructor-led and blended learning delivery types.
- Identify the responsibilities and characteristics of professional rescuers.
- List the series of events that occur when the emergency medical services (EMS) system is activated.
- Understand how legal considerations affect professional rescuers.
- Recognize a life-threatening injury or illness.
- Demonstrate how to perform a primary assessment.
- Determine when it is appropriate to call for more advanced medical personnel.
- Describe instances in which a victim should be moved.
- Recognize and care for a breathing emergency.
- Demonstrate how to give ventilations using a resuscitation mask (adult/child and infant).
- Demonstrate how to use a bag-valve-mask resuscitator (BVM) with two rescuers.
- Demonstrate how to care for an obstructed airway (adult/child and infant).
- List the links of the Cardiac Chain of Survival.
- Recognize the signs and symptoms of a heart attack.
- Identify how to care for a heart attack.
- Identify special situations that may arise when performing CPR.
- Describe the role and importance of early CPR in cardiac arrest.
- Demonstrate how to perform CPR (adult/child and infant).
- Demonstrate how to perform two-rescuer CPR (adult/child and infant).
- Describe what defibrillation is and how it works.
- Describe the role and importance of early defibrillation in cardiac arrest.
- List the general steps for using an automated external defibrillator (AED).
- Identify precautions for using an AED.
- Demonstrate how to use an AED (adult, child or infant).
- Describe the differences in using an AED (adult, child and infant) when CPR is in progress.
- Decide what care to provide for breathing and cardiac emergencies.
- Blended Learning: 2 hours of eLearning followed by a 4 hour in-person skill session.
DISCLAIMER: Academy of Public Safety is not affiliated with the Irvine Ranch Outdoor Education Center or the Boy Scouts of America. Academy of Public Safety is only providing training as a Licensed Training Provider (LTP) of the American Red Cross. Course participation is limited to staff members of the Irvine Ranch Outdoor Education Center.
STEPS TO REGISTER FOR THIS COURSE
Step 1 - Download your course materials here.
Step 2 - Register for the the course here.
Step 3 - Complete the online portion of the course.
Step 4 - Print your online training completion certificate and bring to class. YOU CANNOT ATTEND THE IN-PERSON PORTION OF THE COURSE UNTIL YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE ONLINE TRAINING FIRST.
In-person training portion of this class will be held at:
Irvine Ranch Outdoor Education Center
Friday, October 15, 2021