ORANGE COUNTY - CARRY A CONCEALED WEAPON (CCW)
This course is designed for those who are applying for, or already have been issued, a concealed weapon permit by the Orange County Sheriff's Department. This course covers the sheriff's terms of license, sheriff's policy, use of deadly force, firearm fundamentals, and more.
Students are allowed to qualify with as many firearms as they want. 72 rounds of ammunition is required for the first handgun and 20 rounds for each additional handgun. Handguns must be registered to the student. This will be verified by the sheriff's department.
Although not required, students are encouraged to obtain conditional approval prior to attending class.
Other Fees: $25.00 Range Fee (Included)
Note: There is no additional charge for additional firearms.
REQUIRED ITEMS FOR CLASS:
1. Each firearm qualifying with (these will be listed on your license). Each firearm must be registered to you (this will be verified by the Sheriff's Department).
2. 72 rounds of ammunition for the first firearm and 20 rounds for each additional firearm.
3. Note taking material.
This is a one day course.
$200.00 (Includes Range Fees)
INITIAL CLASS (EVENING)
This is an evening course held over a 3 evening period from 6pm-10pm.
$200.00 (includes range fees)
INITIAL CLASS (ONE-ON-ONE)
$525.00 (Includes Range Fees)
This is a 4 hour class for current CCW holders who need to renew their license.
$150 (Includes Range Fees)
This is a range only class.
$65.00 (Includes Range Fees)
HOW DO I APPLY FOR AN ORANGE COUNTY CCW?
If you are an Orange County resident, follow these simple steps:
1. Visit the Orange County Sheriff CCW page at www.ocsd.org/ccw (click on CCW application on the left of the screen).
2. Apply online by clicking on "NEW CARRY CONCEALED WEAPON LICENSE.
3. You will eventually need to complete a Live Scan (electronic fingerprint background) and take a course approved by the Orange County Sheriff's Department. You can do this before your interview but we encourage you to wait until you get conditional approval to move forward with the process. Taking the course and live scan will speed up the process and in many cases the CCW will be issued at the time of interview.